During my trip to Edinburgh in February 2022, I had 1 day trip to Highlands Scotland with Highland Explorer Tours. The day is was wonderful in beautiful countryside of Scotland.
This is my first time visit Scotland and it was a lovely holiday in Edinburgh. A day to Highlands Scotland was amazing, I was so exited to explore the countryside of Scotland.
For the day trip to highlands I made the booking online on TripAdvisor, It’s quite convenience as you will received online ticket via email then you can add the ticket to your wallet to show them on your traveling date. The reason why I choose this travel company because the office is really close to my hotel that I’ve book. Just right at the corner in Royal Mile Street the blue shop which is easy to find.
I had to get up early to get to the tour office 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Luckily, it was only a 3-minute walk from the hotel where I was staying.
When I arrived at the office the staff already have my name on the list. So, I just tell them my name to get in a coach. Before we get in a coach he asked me if I want to join a Cruze in Loch Ness with £16 per person a ticket fee. As I feel like I don’t want to miss any experience in the highlands so I said “Yes, Please!”.
Highland Explorer Tour
Full-Day Trip to Loch Ness and the Scottish Highlands with Lunch from Edinburgh
- Cost £50 per person
- Boat trip in Loch Ness cost £16 per person
Estimated travel time : 12 hours
- Callander : The ambience of the river flowing through the mountains around Callander, a community attraction in the middle of a valley, is really warm and lovely.
- Glencoe : Glencoe offers a stunning perspective of the surrounding high valley, which is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Many movies, including Harry Potter and James Bond 007, were filmed there.
- Loch Ness : Loch Ness, or Nessie as the Scots call it. This is the 2nd largest lake in the UK. According to the high depth of the water in this lake, there is some story about Loch Ness Monster. (Said from tour guide on the Cruze)
- The Commando Memorial : is a Type A memorial in Lochaber, Scotland. Dedicated to the soldiers of the original British commando forces that were sent to World War II. One of them is our Guide’s father. Was a lovely place beautiful view.
- Pitlochry : Pitlochry is a little village with peaceful surroundings and stunning views. There are stores and restaurants nearby, but we didn’t have time to walk around because it was already dark when we arrived.
During the journey to the highlands, the snow mountains on both sides of the road are breathtaking. I wish I had a chance to stop by and snap some photos. Looking out the window, which was completely white with snow, like in the dream.
Overall, I had a great time on this trip. The staff was extremely friendly, very well explained. I would recommend the boat trip because it is really interesting, has beautiful scenery, and a very friendly local guide on onboard as well.
If I have the opportunity again, I’d like to spend more time in the Scottish Highlands. Next time I’m in Scotland, a 3-day Isle of Skye and Scottish Highlands trip from Edinburgh might be on the plans.